Are you exhausted all the time and sex is the last thing on your mind? You are not alone. It is a complaint I hear often from clients. I was recently interviewed on The Doctor’s Wife Podcast with Sara Payne about this topic and the discussion was too good not to share with my listeners as well. So I am re-airing my interview with Sara. You can find more about her and her podcast on her website SaraPayne.com or on her Instagram @sarapaynecoaching.
For today’s episode, I have something a little different for you. I was interviewed by my friend Sara Payne, for her podcast called The Doctor’s Wife. Sara is a fellow life-coach who I absolutely adore and she coaches the wives of physicians and helps them not resent their husbands job and career. She has a great podcast where she teaches a lot of the same tools I teach but in a different way. Anyway, she had me on her podcast this week to talk about sex and what to do when you are just so exhausted. It was such a great interview and we touched on a few topics that I love, so I thought it would be fun to re-air that episode here for you guys to listen to.
Questions from the Interview:
- We both work primarily with members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What are some intimacy challenges that you have observed that are unique to members of the church?
- One of the hangups that I hear from my clients isn’t that they don’t like sex, but that they are just so exhausted. They like sleep more. How do you advise them to address this?
- I have noticed that it is also common for my clients to feel obligated to have sex with their husband because he has had a long day at work, so that’s the least she can do. How do you help your clients address that feeling of obligation when it comes to sex in their marriage?
- If my listeners feel like their sex life is a sore spot in their marriage, where do you suggest they begin?
- What are a couple of ways that they can spice up their sex life today?
If you want to know more about Sara you can go to her website SaraPayne.com or follow her on Instagram @sarapaynecoaching